Wisconsintrials.org Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : Register for this forum by sending an email to registerWOTAforum@gmail.com .  Include your interest in trials or WOTA. December 13, 2018, 02:18:40 AM
+  Wisconsintrials.org Forums
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Anything goes forum (Moderator: khub)
| | |-+  Father and Son Trials Noobs
Advanced search
  « previous next »
Pages 1
Author
Topic: Father and Son Trials Noobs  (Read 309 times)
« on: May 16, 2018, 05:29:24 PM »
snowdave

View Profile

My son and I rode D16 hare scrambles last year and are thinking of trials in the future. Our H/S bikes wonít cut it (KDX200 and KX85), so I need some input on how to try/start and what bike(s) we might want to look for.  I have a couple old Bultaco Alpinas I could attempt to use, but what options exist for an 11 year old?  The cheaper, the better.  Would love electric, but I suspect that is out on our peanuts budget.

Also, any option to attempt trials before investing in a bike?  We live just outside Madison and donít mind traveling up to two hours for events, practice, etc.

Reply #1
« on: May 17, 2018, 07:36:10 AM »
motodave63

View Profile

I don't have have anything for sale but do live near Sun Prairie if you would like to try riding. I have from novice to expert sections in the yard. Give me a call if you are interested. 608-807-8169

Later
Dave

Reply #2
« on: May 20, 2018, 11:10:28 AM »
snowdave

View Profile

Thank you Dave.  You are the second person to suggest an 80 or possibly 125 and to attend the Baraboo event.  I have put it on the calendar and hopefully we can make one of the two days.  I heard the days are the same in terms of schedule and only the course differs, so either day should be fine?

Reply #3
« on: May 21, 2018, 02:23:57 PM »
motodave63

View Profile

Either day would be fine to attend. The difference between the two days are Saturday runs from approximately 11 AM to 4 PM, whereas Sunday runs from 10 AM to 2 PM. And we try not to re-use the same sections from one day to the next.

Print  Pages 1
« previous next »
Jump to: