Wisconsintrials.org Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : Register for this forum by sending an email to registerWOTAforum@gmail.com .  Include your interest in trials or WOTA. April 19, 2024, 02:13:04 PM
+  Wisconsintrials.org Forums
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Event Discussion (Moderator: khub)
| | |-+  Struggling
Advanced search
  « previous next »
Pages 1
Author
Topic: Struggling  (Read 5148 times)
« on: April 17, 2018, 07:57:30 AM »
northernnorm

View Profile

Well  now this weekend  has  sun and mid to upper 50 s  BUT  6 to 11 inches hit  over weekend  AND  4 cast has 3 to 4  more for Wednesday  ,so it is extremely hard to know if these  longer days  will be enough to shrink it down to rideable amounts.  Do we cancel/  move a nother week later/ or  just  wait and see if there is a way to ride this weekend.  I know when 4 inches falls without ice  ,you can go ride  on it if its much above freezing  and it just goes away  ,so if we could get a few guys on Big Wheel yammahas  to try riding sections Friday and Saturday  that would help     I am going to check  and see if I can get someone to plow  the drive and part of the field  .      Its annoying  -  lots of hours work done  and  unless I want to look at the clutter of markings in my woods all summer  I have to tear it down and then start again for fall event. Kind of like farming in 2017-  More work than normal with all the rains  and then massive flooding that reduced crop  and income 30%

Reply #1
« on: April 17, 2018, 05:06:51 PM »
2whlrcr

View Profile

So far the forecast for Sunday is nice, but that's 5 days away and the weather in between isn't.  I'd vote for another week delay if possible.  If it was me, I wouldn't want my parking area all rutted up either.  We are supposed to get 3" of sleet and snow tomorrow.

Reply #2
« on: April 17, 2018, 06:24:48 PM »
northernnorm

View Profile

If it were to be the 29th  that's only a week before jeffs  . usually we want 2 to 3 or more weeks between events  .  AND  90 % of the time  by the 20th of April  I am full blown farming trying to make  some money to live with  BUT that seems to be  a laughable habit  . 

Reply #3
« on: April 18, 2018, 08:04:07 AM »
club95

View Profile

Tough call Noel. We had over 14 inches of snow & a good half of it melted yesterday with the temperature in the low 40’s & some sun.   We’re supposed to get a little more snow today, but I see Mauston is supposed to get 1 to 4.  On the up note, Thursday Friday Saturday are in the 50’s and Sunday hit 60.  Another key is should be around or above freezing at nite.  I guess you just have to make the call & go with it.

Steve K

Reply #4
« on: April 18, 2018, 01:15:42 PM »
2whlrcr

View Profile

Can we run studs? Grin

Reply #5
« on: April 18, 2018, 04:43:11 PM »
northernnorm

View Profile

Arent you enough of a stud already  .    I doubt they are good on the rocks     Yeah after this torture  weather does look quite improved  .  We will post progress   what it seems to be like  after  a few better days   Cheers

Reply #6
« on: April 18, 2018, 06:59:18 PM »
2whlrcr

View Profile

This was yesterday...

This is today...

Reply #7
« on: April 19, 2018, 07:31:39 AM »
northernnorm

View Profile

someone stole your bike  dam

Reply #8
« on: April 19, 2018, 07:34:48 AM »
northernnorm

View Profile

The good news is  now we should be  near 60 degrees  and the ground wasn't froze b 4  snow   so  I think we can get  some rideable sections     I  still  expect  a meager turnout  but people without 4 wd  should  stay along the drive  east of cabin    one time we even parked on side of the dead end roads  a bit  going up tomorrow  and eill try to ride over  as much snow as one can  to beat it down    keep  checking web   for updates  thanks

Reply #9
« on: April 19, 2018, 07:07:01 PM »
2whlrcr

View Profile

Does the trials area face to the south?  We lost almost all of our 2" today and I think I'll be able to ride tomorrow without getting muddy.  I'll be parking on the road.

Reply #10
« on: April 19, 2018, 07:35:07 PM »
northernnorm

View Profile

Alarge  amount of it does in fact face very south  but also every other direction    we stopped using north side once I nabbed the 2nd 16 acre parcel 

Reply #11
« on: April 20, 2018, 07:06:27 AM »
northernnorm

View Profile

I do  have  a mostly working pressure washer up there  if people come early and get  a bit slopped up       If  field doesn't firm up  best bet will be go past drive to where road splits  turn around and park on East edge of carpenter rd  or BACK into driveway   if you drive  giant  RV  -try to get north edge  a bit so people with 4 wd  can still get by  .  I will have big tow chain  
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 07:14:00 AM by northernnorm » Logged

Reply #12
« on: April 20, 2018, 07:22:33 AM »
2whlrcr

View Profile

Now you're making me want to stay home.

Print  Pages 1
« previous next »
Jump to: