Wisconsintrials.org Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Login    Register  
News : Register for this forum by sending an email to registerWOTAforum@gmail.com .  Include your interest in trials or WOTA. October 17, 2017, 08:53:02 PM
+  Wisconsintrials.org Forums
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Event Discussion (Moderator: khub)
| | |-+  August 12th Trials in Machester Iowa
Advanced search
  « previous next »
Pages 1
Author
Topic: August 12th Trials in Machester Iowa  (Read 662 times)
« on: May 15, 2017, 03:49:31 PM »
chrish

View Profile Email

We've sanctioned a trials event for Saturday August 12th.  This will be a very unique and fun event.  The course will be on the rocks of the Whiterwater Park in Downtown Manchester Iowa with great spectator potential.  Late afternoon/evening, the Chamber of Commerce is hosting the Bacon and Hops Festival 3 blocks from the trials course.  Details for that event can be found on festival's Facebook Page.  There will be beer, bacon, vendors, live music, and a 100+ classic car cruise.  I'm working with Kevin to finalize the details and will post more as soon a possible.  We hope that this can become an annual event during the festival.   I'm working on free camping and shuttle service for those that wish to stay and attend the evening activities.  Please spread the word about the event.  Any offers to help with designing the sections would be appreciated - text or call me at 563 929 0420.

Thanks,
Chris - CMJ Raceway

Reply #1
« on: May 28, 2017, 08:24:00 PM »
2whlrcr

View Profile

I was in Manchester today checking out lines.  Since this will unofficially be the Iowa State Trials championships and close to CR, Condron has promised to come out of retirement.  I wanted to make sure there were plenty of Champ lines.  Looks like that won't be a problem...

Reply #2
« on: June 06, 2017, 09:36:38 AM »
Nursehuber

View Profile Email

Hi,  I don't know who 2whlrcr is.  So is this a champs only?

Shari Huber
WOTA President

Reply #3
« on: June 06, 2017, 08:21:59 PM »
2whlrcr

View Profile

When the OP said Kevin, I thought he meant your husband?

This is McConaughy.

Reply #4
« on: June 07, 2017, 06:23:08 AM »
khub
Administrator

View Profile Email

Yes, I am the Kevin that was mentioned.  Shari got a little confused since only  Champs line was talked about, all classes will be able to ride.  This week I am at Door County finishing setup.  Sections are looking great, weather forcast is good for this weekend.

Kevin Huber, District 16 Trials Referee
Suzuki RL250
2015 Sherco 3.0

Reply #5
« on: June 07, 2017, 11:07:04 AM »
bobbywarner

View Profile Email

Chris,
Is there an event PDF flyer or anything that I can post in the UMTA Facebook group?  Please let me know.

Thanks,
Bobby

Reply #6
« on: June 11, 2017, 08:14:36 AM »
northernnorm

View Profile

any pictures
theres a chance 3 0r 4 champs from elkhorn area may go  we all like the Chris H  guy want him to b successful

Reply #7
« on: June 11, 2017, 12:36:59 PM »
2whlrcr

View Profile

It's all rock.  Big rock.  Large pieces placed on top of each other creating stair steps.  Steep stair steps.

Reply #8
« on: June 13, 2017, 01:52:20 PM »
khub
Administrator

View Profile Email

I will try to put some pictures on the WOTA Facebook page.  Manchester is 45 miles west of Dubuque just off Highway 20.  Event will be AMA so you need an AMA card, but will not be points for Wisconsin, Illinois or Minnesota.  Looks like price will be $25 and start times will be riders meeting at 11:30, start around 12:00, and will finish in time to attend the Bacon and Hops celebration a block away from the trials area.  Will post more info when available.

Kevin Huber, District 16 Trials Referee
Suzuki RL250
2015 Sherco 3.0

Reply #9
« on: June 13, 2017, 07:47:54 PM »
2whlrcr

View Profile

Let me know if you need help.

Reply #10
« on: June 14, 2017, 12:49:05 PM »
chrish

View Profile Email

Any help or input on sections would be greatly appreciated.  I do not have a flyer yet but hope to soon. 

Reply #11
« on: July 06, 2017, 04:18:45 PM »
chrish

View Profile Email

Bacon and Hops Festival:  Beer Samples and Full Bacon Meal 5-8pm.  Live Music by Time Machine 7-11pm.  Featuring beers from Franklin Street Brewing, Confluence Brewing, Millstream Brewing, MADCO Brewers Club, Backpocket Brewery, Fire Trucker Brewery, River Ridge Brewing, and CRAZE Brewers.  Tickets are $20 in advance/$25 at the gate.  Trials event riders can call  563 927 4141 prior to 8/10 and use code TRIALS17 to receive $5 off the advance ticket price.

The Trials sections will be made using the Whitewater River Park.  The river will be open for tubing and kayaking during and after the event.

Reply #12
« on: August 02, 2017, 07:40:10 PM »
Old SDTR

View Profile

Chris and I are meeting Thursday (tomorrow) to walk and get a preliminary plan for sections and go over some other details is any "Iowans" are available, stop by.

From my conversations with Chris, looks like all section marking will happen Friday evening with some touch up Saturday am. With it being a public area we can't set up too early.

Sounds like he has a good group of bodies to help out sat. too.

Reply #13
« on: August 07, 2017, 08:49:47 PM »
Old SDTR

View Profile

We will be meeting Friday at noon to arrow section, will probably stick around to 7 or 8. If anyone would like to come out and camp out, Chris will have room at his place to camp.

Pit area will be next to Burger King.

After walking the area last week I think this should be a really fun event with good sections for all classes included some sections to "show off" the champ class riders abilities.

Reply #14
« on: August 12, 2017, 07:25:13 PM »
2whlrcr

View Profile

Got to say that was the coolest trials I've ever been too, outside of a World or National round.   Thanks Chris for having the vision.

Print  Pages 1
« previous next »
Jump to: